Job title: Transportation Logistics Specialist
Department: Operations Reports to: Director of Operations
The Transportation Logistics Specialist will be responsible to monitor all shipments and coordinate the on-time deliveries to the customer projects.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Monitor all incoming and outgoing shipments.
- Create and update weekly customer delivery schedules.
- Create shipping documents such as commercial invoices, packing slips and shipping labels as needed.
- Coordinates pick up of all containers at the destination port/rail station to deliver to customer project sites.
- Request pricing from domestic freight forwarders for price comparison and assigns projects to them.
- Create and ship small shipments via service provide website.
- Updates company software to ensure accurate delivery dates are being tracked.
- Books incoming and outgoing goods in company software.
- Create and maintain reports and presentations.
- Coordinate shipments with customers and provide other operational support to clients as needed.
- Assist with any day-to-day administrative tasks.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
- 2+ years of Logistics/Transportation experience required.
- Associates Degree required.
- Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills.
- Detail-oriented with demonstrated ability for accuracy.
- Strong collaboration skills with the ability to work with multiple partners and peers across the organization and outside to achieve project and operational results.
- High Level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency.
Physical Requirements/Work Environment:
Work is performed in an office environment. Must have a valid driver’s license with clean driving record. Overtime may be necessary, including weekdays, weekends, and holidays.
This job description is intended to describe the essential job functions of this position and is not intended to be an all-inclusive statement of job responsibilities.