Job title: PV Wire Technical Engineer
Department: Engineering Reports to: Manager of Engineering
The PV Wire Technical Engineer will be responsible for current and future product compliance with applicable standards and customer requirements. Will work hand in hand with sales, engineering & design to improve technical product offerings.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Interpret single-line diagrams & review electrical designs & estimates.
- Determine product compliance with applicable codes and standards (NEC, ICEA, ANSI, UL).
- Review & respond to customer-specific prequalification documents.
- Respond to product & project-specific customer requirements & requests.
- Work with product & process specific oversees testing & design.
- Review technical & marketing datasheets for accuracy.
- Perform site visits as needed to address customer concerns.
- Assist with any day-to-day administrative tasks.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
- Strong collaboration skills with the ability to work with multiple partners and peers across the organization and outside to achieve project and operational results.
- Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills.
- Detail-oriented with demonstrated ability for accuracy.
- High Level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or a similar discipline.
- 2-5+ years of experience in commercial utility-scale solar PV system design (Preferred).
- Familiarity with applicable codes and standards (NEC, ICEA, ANSI, UL).
- Proficiency in AutoCAD, MS Office Suite, and MS Project (or similar CPM scheduling software)
- Proficient in Medium Voltage & Low Voltage Design.
Physical Requirements/Work Environment:
Work is performed in an office environment and occasionally travelling. Must have a valid driver’s license with clean driving record. Overtime may be necessary, including weekdays, weekends, and holidays. Overtime may be necessary, including weekdays, weekends, and holidays. Travel up to 25% of the time and lift up to 40 Lbs.
This job description is intended to describe the essential job functions of this position and is not intended to be an all-inclusive statement of job responsibilities.