The newest product in our line-up is the Voltage ALEX – aluminum extension. This innovative EBOS solution is a great tool for connecting string harnesses to combiner boxes, Voltage LYNX or string inverters. These home run extensions maintain ampacity performance while utilizing more cost-efficient materials.
Friction welded CU-AL transitional joints are used to make the material transition to avoid the increased oxidation due to surface contacts of dissimilar metals. The IP68 overmold protects the components from the environment and any occurrences that could damage the transitional joint. The Voltage ALEX extensions are customized to each specific row as per the customer’s requirements and are installed with the very efficient Voltage Reel PnP system.
- Joint: 35kV-rated with anti-oxidation / anti-corrosion joint compound
- Weather resistant
- Outdoor rating per UL746C
- UL94 Flame-retardant
- 90°C rated
- All major connectors available per specific design requirements
- Conforms to UL Std. 9703
- Certified to CAN/CSA Std. C22.2 #182.5 Photovoltaic Connectors
- Certified to CAN/CSA Std. C22.2 #271 Photovoltaic Cables
- Certified to CAN/CSA Std. C22.2 #198.2 Sealed Wire Connector Systems
To reduce voltage drop, Voltage ALEX extensions are capable of upsizing to accommodate most standard PV wire gauges. It provides a very efficient solution for connecting string harness over the entire length of a tracker at one third the current cost of comparable copper wire.
To Receive Our Complete Catalog
Would you like our full catalog?
Please fill out this form to receive a downloadable .pdf catalog in your inbox. Please note, catalog specifications are subject to change without notice.