Job title: Staff Accountant
Department: Finance Reports to: Finance Manager
The Staff Accountant will be responsible to enter bills that have been properly matched and verified for payment into the ERP accounting software. Researching and verifying the presented bills from vendors is paramount to the position. The Associate Accountant also strives to improve processes and to meet required deadlines.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Process daily mail and distribute.
- Process deposits including scanning checks and payment application statements.
- Process bills from vendors and enter into Microsoft Dynamics system.
- Check bank daily for transactions and process them in the Microsoft Dynamics system.
- Coordinate with Operations for deliveries for invoicing to customers.
- Enter invoices into Microsoft Dynamics system.
- All entries in Microsoft Dynamics system need to include all supporting documents electronically attached to all entries.
- Review all freight delivery bills for invoicing to customers and prepare the invoices including the mark-up amount for the service provided by operations team.
- File the state sales tax returns on a timely basis.
- Review accounts payable statements presented by vendors for accuracy,
- Prepare the weekly accounts payable payment list for ACH and Wire Transfer payments. Follow-up afterward to see the payments are released and report to the Accounting Manager, especially if the payments are delayed and why.
- Process Expense reports for reimbursement through the bi-weekly payroll.
- Bank Reconciliation Daily and Monthly for all accounts,
- Contract Management and control.
- Filing for documents
- Perform other special duties as assigned by supervisor.
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
- 3+ years of accounting experience required.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting of finance or another related field recommended.
- Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills
- Detail-oriented with demonstrated ability for accuracy.
- Strong collaboration skills with the ability to work with multiple partners and peers across the organization and outside to achieve project and operational results.
- High Level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency
- Interpersonal skills when dealing with vendors is highly valued.
Physical Requirements/Work Environment:
Work is performed in an office environment. Must have a valid driver’s license with clean driving record. Overtime may be necessary, including weekdays, weekends, and holidays.
This job description is intended to describe the essential job functions of this position and is not intended to be an all-inclusive statement of job responsibilities.